Tuesday, 1 December 2015

Typography

Here are a few different text designs i have chosen for the text throughout our opening scene including the title. These fonts are plain simple which portrays Toms life as he has quite a simple boring life. from the people that i spoke to most preferred the bolder fonts  and the ones that had straight edges as it made the text stand out more and easily grabbed their attention.


Here are a few different text fonts  that i have chosen for the text that will be featured on the wall during our opening scene. 4 of these have the effect of something that is worn out/away which will fit in with the location of the subway. the other two are graffiti font which also fits in, these fonts will also blend in as there will already be graffiti on the walls of the subway.





Next I started to make a concept design of our title. This is the original design and then below it is the alternate font style.






Below I tested to see how the title should come to a stop so that it could then fade into a black. The first option didn't fade very well and the second one ended to short and made the title look rushed, because of this decided to try a different technique.  

                                                                  





Here I chose between the three different designs on the tip of the heart beat monitor, the flat one, curved or pointed. I chose the pointed tip as it looked the most professional as thats the one used on a real heart beat monitor.



Finally I used the gradient tool on photoshop to make the line that goes under the title to slowly fade this will lead into a plain black background. The line also represents the heart monitor flatlining showing the main character as dead.







No comments:

Post a Comment