First look at script for character in opening sequence (Draft 1)
Thomas:Hi, thats me. You know life wasn't always that bad. I used to have fun, have a girlfriend, a family even a… goal. Thats until Grandad died. He always had a way of making everything seem better than it really was. I'm sure the day he died was the day i truly died to. Mums depressed, Dads always working the only one with a good with a hope in life is Jenny, but is my story, my life and my death.
Draft 2
Tomas: “14th of December 2015. This is the day I died. At this point in the day I didn’t know how I was going to kill myself, or if I was going to go through with it at all. This is my story. The story of Thomas J Turner.”
combined Drafts
Tomas: “14th of December 2015. This is the day I died. Although at this point of the story I didn’t know that I was going to die. Things haven't really turned out the way i wanted them to. I mean I used to have fun, have a girlfriend, a family. But that's gone now. Mum's depressed, Dad's always working, the only one with a hope in life is Jenny... But This is my story, my life... my death. The story of Thomas J Turner."
Comment
Our main character will say this as a voice over when he is on the bus being filmed with earphones in so we will include diegetic sound.The script must be short to fit in with this small section of the opening sequence. Having dialogue will make our video have more meaning and can reveal more about the character whilst griping the audience at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment